Tuesday, January 22, 2008

The Crazy Things I Do

"The opinions expressed in this blog are those of the author/blogger and do not in any way necessarily reflect the opinions of the Cleveland Clinic, NASA, or NSBRI. Any and all postings on this site are my own opinions and do not in any way necessarily represent the position, strategy, or opinion of the Cleveland Clinic, NASA, or NSBRI"

Hey everybody! So today I'm posting a video or two of what I actually do here when I'm in the lab. For all you nonbelievers here's the proof that I do more than just lay around all day. Basically when I'm down in the lab it takes about 15 minutes to hook me up to everything and then I walk for five minutes, rest for five. Then I run for five minutes and rest for five. The whole schedule consists of walking 5 times and running 4 times and a bunch of resting in between. Yesterday my hips were hurting a bunch because someone had taken the harness and used it for something else so it wasn't fitting me right. Sarah worked the kinks out and today was much better.

I must say that I'm still eating very well. Today for lunch I had a triple burger and onion rings! Somehow I'm still losing weight.

Today is Tuesday and Tuesday's are special. Every Tuesday I have to give saliva samples four times a day and then I'm hooked up to an e.k.g. monitor and have to stay still for six minutes. For the saliva I spit into a tube and then I also have to munch on these cotton swabs until they are saturated. I forget actually what the reason for all this is but I know I signed a consent form for it a while ago. This is just one of the many side studies being conducted here for space medicine research.

On a final note for the day, this Thursday I believe there will be a page article about me in the Solon Times. So for those of you in Solon take a look. I also got a call today from media relations here at the clinic. Turns out that the Plain Dealer wants to interview me as well. I don't know when that interview will be but I'll keep you posted.


3 comments:

smalls said...

what's up Superstar?!! :D
dont forget me when you're famous.. ;)
i miss you! i'm hoping to visit soon

Unknown said...

Dom - you're a media whore! You're going to need an agent soon. Britney Spears would be perfect - unemployed and well-versed in media relations.

Hang in there and I look forward to seeing you soon for some more Scattergories!

del said...

dom,

are you going to be on 60 minutes next? i think this will lead to great things. maybe you'll become an astronaut, or better yet a lifelong lab rat.

-del