Thursday, February 7, 2008

A Real American Hero!

"The opinions expressed in this blog are those of the author/blogger and do not in any way necessarily reflect the opinions of the Cleveland Clinic, NASA, or NSBRI. Any and all postings on this site are my own opinions and do not in any way necessarily represent the position, strategy, or opinion of the Cleveland Clinic, NASA, or NSBRI"







Hello everyone!!

I know it's been a while since my last post but I didn't really have that much going on besides laying down and watching TV, surfing the net, watching movies, and studying up on personal training. But yesterday was a very exciting day for me. I got to meet a real American Hero, Astronaut, Senator, and World War II veteran John Glenn! He was coming to the clinic to see what is happening with the program I'm in and to give a lecture later in the day.

Around ten in the morning I was taken down to the lab that I exercise in and he came around 10:30. My doctor was with me and introduced Mr. Glenn to me. We were both very honored to meet each other. He asked me how I was feeling and told me about what space was like for him and some of his experiences and difficulties upon re-entry. We talked for about 15 minutes and then he was shown around the lab and the ZLS treadmill. After his tour he came back and talked a little more and signed a NASA sticker I had. All the while a photographer was taking pictures of us. Senator Glenn had such an amazing presence about him. Gentle and well spoken, I couldn't help from smiling. He was caring and understanding and really appreciative of what I was doing for the the space program. At 87 years of age he has filled his life with more accoplishments, awards, medals of honor, and experiences to fill ten lifetimes. I invite you to go on line and find out more about him and why he is coinsidered a true American Hero!

2 comments:

baby daisy said...

that's really cool dom!! i can't wipe this big smile off my face!

Keith Cowing said...

Dom:

Hello from NASAWatch.com, SpaceRef.com, and OnOrbit.com - thanks for making this contribution to human spaceflight!

Keith Cowing
Editor